Cant find 'Help' tab in OTB-7.0.0-Win64!

I have recently downloaded OTB-7.0.0-Win64 and found ‘Help’ tab missing from newly released version. On the contrary, this tab was available in previous version. I don’t have regular internet service and really found this missing tab resource unhelpful for users with limited internet connectivity. Can anybody let me know whether it will be made available soon or not?

Hello,

Thank you for your message. Indeed we made the choice to browse the doc on our CookBook instead of the ‘help’ tab.
The CookBook is now the main entry point for all OTB documentation (recipes, applications documentation, user & developer guide).

You can still access to the help offline if you use otbcli interface (otbcli_BandMath -help or otbcli_BandMath -help param1).

Hope it helps. Best regards,

Yannick

2 Likes

You can download the full CookBook in html format for offline viewing here: https://www.orfeo-toolbox.org/packages/CookBook-7.0-html.tar.gz

2 Likes

Grateful for sharing the reference material. It is helpful indeed for offline users like me. It would be even great if help tab is restored in newly release version to provide convenient and instant background information about involved technique and quick reference.

Thank you for sharing this valuable reference material enabling me to utilize this wonderful tool offline.

@yannick, @poughov Can I integrate shared offline HTML help with OTB toolbox to invoke help content associated with each tool?