Cdash is no more available

Hi,

The Cdash platform (used by QGIS for CI report) is no longer available. I get a 404 error when I type the following URL : https://cdash.orfeo-toolbox.org

Is this related to Maintenance operation planned on April 8th ?

Kind regards,
Julien

Dear @troopa81,

Cdash is not available for now, after the maintenance of April 11th. We are working on fixing this issue.

Sincerely.
Julien :slight_smile:

Thanks for the quick answer and good to see you’re working on fixing it. I’m looking forward to get news about it.

Regards,
Julien

Hi @julienosman

I see that Cdash instance is back on track, but still, it looks like there is no build displayed for OTB and QGIS. Is this normal? Are you still working on that?

Regards,
Julien

Hi,

Yes there is a problem with the migration of the database, you can see your build but only by typing the URL which is not viable. We have contacted CDash devs, so we are still working on that problem

Regards,
Thibaut

Hi,

Is this possible to find/compute/determine this URL ? This could be an appropriate workaround while you find a way to fix it.

Regards,
Julien

You can access your build with this url : CDash

To find the buildNumber you can see how it is done in the script cdash_handler : CI/cdash_handler.py · develop · Main Repositories / otb · GitLab in the function GetBuildID

Regards,
Thibaut

@troopa81,

Cdash is now available. We updated it to the last version, but we were not able to migrate the database. So the previous builds are lost. (we still have the backups, if you ever need some data we can go and find something).

Don’t hesitate to tell us if you see some bugs.

Regards,
Julien :slight_smile:

Hi @julienosman

Thank you for the efforts. I manage to access to QGis build in Cdash but there are all green when it’s actually not the case.

This CI job for instance. There is a compiler error but everything is OK in CDash.

I didn’t investigate much so maybe there is something to be fixed on QGIS CI side with the way we send the build report to CDash. Are you aware of some CDash API change?

Regards,
Julien

I didn’t find any documentation about changes in CDash API. But I noticed we have an error in our jobs when we communicate with the API (see here for an exemple). The API answers correctly when using curl, but we get a 404 error when using a python script (with either urllib or requests). I haven’t found a solution yet.

Hi @troopa81

Do you set in your CI scripts a specific TRACK (like CI_Build, CI_Package in OTB) to cdash for each build? Maybe we have to declare them in the QGIS project, we had to do it in OTB project config in cdash, otherwise the results were not correctly displayed. You can look at our main CI file to see what we send to cdash.
NB: No modification has been made since a lot of time on this script so I Guess it is a cdash configuration problem on QGIS project

Regards

It looks like it’s now working, the same link posted before where everything was green is now red/orange according to build result.

I imagine you fixed things on your side.

Thanks!

But a new failed CI has everything green in CDash

To answer to your questions @thibaut.romain, no we don’t have TRACK defined

I failed to see this option in 3.23.1 documentation ctest_start — CMake 3.23.1 Documentation

I try to understand where the issue is coming from.

Last friday, I tried to push some failed test in CDash. All were displayed completely green, no issues reported, but this morning the exact same reports has changed and now they are properly displaying the failures.

A new one (with the same failure) generated this morning is again all green. Pretty sure if I wait a few hours/day, it’ll become red.

Is it possible that you have, on server side, a kind of cron process that harvest those files and update them or change their statuses?

Hi @troopa81

We don’t have this but we notice the same behavior with OTB. In the first minutes after the build is pushed to CDASH, the result is all green, but minutes after it gets updated. I will see if I find something in the config because it’s annoying. I’ll look if there are any logs about your builds that can give us hints on what’s happening.

I let you know