Error from TrainImagesClassifier

I’m new to Orfeo Toolbox, using it from QGIS on Linux. I tried to use TrainImagesClassifiers for the first time, but I get this lengthy error report and I am unsure how to resolve it:

QGIS-Version: 3.12.3-București

Qt-Version: 5.14.2

GDAL-Version: 3.0.4

GEOS-Version: 3.8.0-CAPI-1.13.1

PROJ-Version: Rel. 6.3.1, February 10th, 2020

Verarbeite Algorithmus…

Algorithmus TrainImagesClassifier startet…

Eingabeparameter:

{ ‘io.il’ : [‘/home/jasi/GIS-Projekte/Testklassifikation/T16PHS_T17PKM_20181212_stack_10m_stack_subset.tif’], ‘io.vd’ : [‘/home/jasi/GIS-Projekte/Testklassifikation/Referenzdaten.shp’], ‘io.valid’ : ‘’, ‘io.imstat’ : ‘’, ‘io.out’ : ‘/home/jasi/GIS-Projekte/Testklassifikation/tk.txt’, ‘io.confmatout’ : ‘TEMPORARY_OUTPUT’, ‘cleanup’ : False, ‘sample.mt’ : None, ‘sample.mv’ : None, ‘sample.bm’ : None, ‘sample.vtr’ : None, ‘sample.vfn’ : ‘numKlasse’, ‘elev.dem’ : ‘’, ‘elev.geoid’ : ‘’, ‘elev.default’ : None, ‘classifier’ : ‘bayes’, ‘rand’ : None }

The value of the MCA parameter “plm_rsh_agent” was set to a path

that could not be found:

plm_rsh_agent: ssh : rsh

Please either unset the parameter, or check that the path is correct

[lilacsmoothieglurb:26384] [[INVALID],INVALID] FORCE-TERMINATE AT Not found:-13 - error plm_rsh_component.c(335)

[lilacsmoothieglurb:26383] [[INVALID],INVALID] ORTE_ERROR_LOG: Unable to start a daemon on the local node in file ess_singleton_module.c at line 716

[lilacsmoothieglurb:26383] [[INVALID],INVALID] ORTE_ERROR_LOG: Unable to start a daemon on the local node in file ess_singleton_module.c at line 172

It looks like orte_init failed for some reason; your parallel process is

likely to abort. There are many reasons that a parallel process can

fail during orte_init; some of which are due to configuration or

environment problems. This failure appears to be an internal failure;

here’s some additional information (which may only be relevant to an

Open MPI developer):

orte_ess_init failed

→ Returned value Unable to start a daemon on the local node (-127) instead of ORTE_SUCCESS

It looks like MPI_INIT failed for some reason; your parallel process is

likely to abort. There are many reasons that a parallel process can

fail during MPI_INIT; some of which are due to configuration or environment

problems. This failure appears to be an internal failure; here’s some

additional information (which may only be relevant to an Open MPI

developer):

ompi_mpi_init: ompi_rte_init failed

→ Returned “Unable to start a daemon on the local node” (-127) instead of “Success” (0)

*** An error occurred in MPI_Init

*** on a NULL communicator

*** MPI_ERRORS_ARE_FATAL (processes in this communicator will now abort,

*** and potentially your MPI job)

[lilacsmoothieglurb:26383] Local abort before MPI_INIT completed completed successfully, but am not able to aggregate error messages, and not able to guarantee that all other processes were killed!

Thanks, for any ideas!

Hello,

I don’t know where this error comes from …

which Linux distribution are you using ? and which version of OTB ? Are you using OTB from binary packages, package manager or are you using a compiled version ?

Can you try to run the algorithm with the Mapla software (the graphical user interface for OTB applications). It can be found in your OTB install directory. In order to check if the error comes from the QGIS plugin or from OTB itself.

Cédric

I’m using OTB 7.1 from Manjaro user repositories - having to build it locally from pamac. I indeed can run the algorithm from Monteverdi, though it’s GUI apparently won’t allow me to deselect items from the block ‘Training and validation parameters’ as well as ‘Default evaluation’, so the parameters are not exactly the same as in what I tried in QGIS. I used the default values instead.