OTB error message

Hi. I have just installed the otb 7.1.0 to do an object-based my classification for my image but I kept getting error message

ERROR 1: PROJ: pj_obj_create: Cannot find proj.db

ERROR 1: PROJ: createGeodeticReferenceFrame: Cannot find proj.db

ERROR 1: PROJ: proj_as_wkt: Cannot find proj.db

ERROR 1: PROJ: createGeodeticReferenceFrame: Cannot find proj.db

ERROR 1: PROJ: pj_obj_create: Cannot find proj.db

ERROR 1: PROJ: proj_as_wkt: Cannot find proj.db

ERROR 1: PROJ: proj_create_from_wkt: Cannot find proj.db

ERROR 1: PROJ: proj_create_from_wkt: Cannot find proj.db

I read in the other forum that the new OTB is not compatible with the QGIS and I need to set my environment. However, I have no idea how to do that since I have a zero-knowledge in programming.

Is there any other way to do an object-based classification in QGIS?

Thank you
Evina

Hello,

OTB needs to know where the proj_db file is. It will look in the PROJ_LIB environment variable to find it, so this variable should be set. If you are using the binary packages, this proj_db is in the share/proj folder of your OTB.

However, as far as I know, you cannot set environment variables for OTB directly in QGIS. This is what is meant by “OTB 7.1 is not compatible with QGIS (until version 3.14)”.

If you want to use OTB, you have the following options :

Hope that helps,
Cédric

Thank you! I will try downloading the 7.0 0 version

Hi

I have installed the OTB 7.0.0 and tried to run a segmentation but it doesn’t seem to work. I thought at first it was the radius value but I’ve tried modifying my parameters as well as using the default parameters but I kept getting a blank result: vector file with no value (or segments). I’m not sure if it’s the installation problem or my image. I tried to run directly using Monteverdi but the same thing happened. Any suggestions?

Hello,

Which application are you using ? LargeScaleMeanShift ? Segmentation ? You can try the different algorithm in the Segmentation application to compare the results.

Have you tried to output a raster instead of a vector ? How does the output image looks like ?