Problem with S1tiling installation

Hi everybody, Im trying to install S1Tiling library on macos.
I’m using OTB 7.4, python 3.7.2 gdal 3.0.2 im using anaconda to manage the library.
After the installation of S1tiling using pip install s1tiling Im trying if everything is working fine with the command S1Processor and I get this error

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "//anaconda3/envs/myS1TilingEnv/bin/S1Processor", line 33, in <module>
    sys.exit(load_entry_point('S1Tiling', 'console_scripts', 'S1Processor')())
  File "//anaconda3/envs/myS1TilingEnv/bin/S1Processor", line 25, in importlib_load_entry_point
    return next(matches).load()
  File "//anaconda3/envs/myS1TilingEnv/lib/python3.7/site-packages/importlib_metadata/__init__.py", line 167, in load
    module = import_module(match.group('module'))
  File "//anaconda3/envs/myS1TilingEnv/lib/python3.7/importlib/__init__.py", line 127, in import_module
    return _bootstrap._gcd_import(name[level:], package, level)
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 1006, in _gcd_import
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 983, in _find_and_load
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 967, in _find_and_load_unlocked
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 677, in _load_unlocked
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap_external>", line 728, in exec_module
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 219, in _call_with_frames_removed
  File "/Users/m/Desktop/tiling/S1Tiling/s1tiling/S1Processor.py", line 66, in <module>
    from s1tiling.libs.S1FileManager import S1FileManager
  File "/Users/m/Desktop/tiling/S1Tiling/s1tiling/libs/S1FileManager.py", line 45, in <module>
    from eodag.api.core import EODataAccessGateway
  File "//anaconda3/envs/myS1TilingEnv/lib/python3.7/site-packages/eodag/__init__.py", line 27, in <module>
    from .api.core import EODataAccessGateway  # noqa
  File "//anaconda3/envs/myS1TilingEnv/lib/python3.7/site-packages/eodag/api/core.py", line 35, in <module>
    from eodag.config import (
  File "//anaconda3/envs/myS1TilingEnv/lib/python3.7/site-packages/eodag/config.py", line 43, in <module>
    from eodag.utils.stac_reader import HTTP_REQ_TIMEOUT
  File "//anaconda3/envs/myS1TilingEnv/lib/python3.7/site-packages/eodag/utils/stac_reader.py", line 26, in <module>
    import pystac
  File "//anaconda3/envs/myS1TilingEnv/lib/python3.7/site-packages/pystac/__init__.py", line 67, in <module>
    from pystac.collection import (
  File "//anaconda3/envs/myS1TilingEnv/lib/python3.7/site-packages/pystac/collection.py", line 35, in <module>
    from pystac.summaries import Summaries
  File "//anaconda3/envs/myS1TilingEnv/lib/python3.7/site-packages/pystac/summaries.py", line 9, in <module>
    from typing import (
ImportError: cannot import name 'Protocol' from 'typing' (//anaconda3/envs/myS1TilingEnv/lib/python3.7/typing.py)

Do you know how can I solve this problem

Hi meagain,

I don’t know the library Protocol , but you can try to install with the command “pip install Protocol” (idk if it’s this one protocol · PyPI but probably).
Otherwise , when you are in your environnement where you install S1Tilling , check all the library installed in your wrok space ( in MacOs i don’t really know what command is it but in linux bash in a conda environnement it’s : “Conda list”).
If you see that “Protocol” is in the list of libraries, this means that the python code ‘typing.py’ cannot find the path to the library to apply it in the code. In this case, you must indicate the path where the library is located in your workspace, and the command line should look like this: “export PATH=$PATH:path_to_the_library”.

Best regards,

Adrien

Hello @aleguillou I want to know that how can we extract tiles from whole Optical EO satellite scene using Monteverdi. Does patch extraction serves the purpose? or there is some other tiling function for that?