I open this discussion feed because we have more and more users who want to use OTB through QGIS 3.x and I think the situation is not very clear.
Here are some suggestions of what we should do to improve the situation :
- clearly describe which versions of QGIS & OTB can be used together, with the right plugin
- this could be done in the Cookbook, but the actual page is outdated (the new plugin works with QGIS 3.4)
- write in the Cookbook how to install OTB plugin in QGIS, for the latest versions of QGIS (2.18 LTR, and the new 3.2.* & 3.4.* versions)
- distribute a zipfile of the plugin under our website (packages)
- because I think most of people who want to use OTB through QGIS are not developer and don’t have to clone a git repository to install the plugin
What do you think of this proposal ? Should we open issues on OTB documentation and OTB/QGIS plugin ?